Last weekend was quite the struggle... I lost my job, I got in a wreck with a construction sign, I missed the opportunity to get a new job, and I still have yet to print my graduation announcements. I'm sure you're all wondering.. WHAT?! What happened? Are you okay? Why? and other series of interesting questions... so let's just take things one thing at a time.
1. I told you to be on time: Job- I'm embarrassed about this one. I had the perfect opportunity working for the admissions office at Utah State and I blew it. I took it for granted and didn't fulfill my responsibility as an employee to be dependable and punctual. I'm sure I could come up with a laundry list of excuses of why I couldn't be there and prior engagements and late nights and so on... but honestly, I am sorry I let myself down as well as others. It's been a really big slap in the face and hopefully a lesson that will stick with me the rest of my life- punctuality and dependability are some of the more important qualities to develop as a professional.

2. I told you to slow down: Wreck- Bees are stupid. There I was driving along with the windows down, just how I like to, when a stupid bee comes in and ruins my day. Honestly, I should of just pulled on over and flicked it away (that occurred to me AFTER the fact) but instead I became paranoid and checked every five seconds so it wouldn't sting me. In hindsight, I would've rather gotten stung. I hit a huge construction sign.. and other signs in sequence I'm sure. I'm fine. The car? A little banged up... but overall. I'm blessed it wasn't worse.

3. I told you to stay on top of things: Opportunity- I do have a job... I work at Pickleville Playhouse as the lighting tech for Joseph... Dreamcoat. They also have a delicious restaurant they run- "Bandito's Wild Western Grill" I was going to work there for the nights I have off... but alas, I called too late. The good thing is I'll probably get put on the call list for fill-ins.. the not so good part is kicking myself in the face for not calling sooner...

4. I told you to send those months ago: Graduation Announcements- Honestly, I do sincerely apologize for this one... It has been crazy. I've had the design for almost three weeks now but just haven't had the money to get them printed. Please don't think I forgot you. As soon as I get addresses and money, I plan on sending them out. So if you happen to get it in August, you know why. For those of you who read this blog, you have the privilege of actually seeing the final product in advance. No excuses, just sorrow for missing the boat... again.

So there it is... all laid out on the table for everyone to read. Please don't be offended if I didn't tell you sooner or haven't called you in a week... Rehearsals have been interesting and life has been a sort of whirlwind. But with all that in mind, I'm grateful. And I'll you all about it in a fresh, new post!
Want tickets for Pickleville Playhouse (PVP)? Click Here
1. I told you to be on time: Job- I'm embarrassed about this one. I had the perfect opportunity working for the admissions office at Utah State and I blew it. I took it for granted and didn't fulfill my responsibility as an employee to be dependable and punctual. I'm sure I could come up with a laundry list of excuses of why I couldn't be there and prior engagements and late nights and so on... but honestly, I am sorry I let myself down as well as others. It's been a really big slap in the face and hopefully a lesson that will stick with me the rest of my life- punctuality and dependability are some of the more important qualities to develop as a professional.

2. I told you to slow down: Wreck- Bees are stupid. There I was driving along with the windows down, just how I like to, when a stupid bee comes in and ruins my day. Honestly, I should of just pulled on over and flicked it away (that occurred to me AFTER the fact) but instead I became paranoid and checked every five seconds so it wouldn't sting me. In hindsight, I would've rather gotten stung. I hit a huge construction sign.. and other signs in sequence I'm sure. I'm fine. The car? A little banged up... but overall. I'm blessed it wasn't worse.
3. I told you to stay on top of things: Opportunity- I do have a job... I work at Pickleville Playhouse as the lighting tech for Joseph... Dreamcoat. They also have a delicious restaurant they run- "Bandito's Wild Western Grill" I was going to work there for the nights I have off... but alas, I called too late. The good thing is I'll probably get put on the call list for fill-ins.. the not so good part is kicking myself in the face for not calling sooner...

4. I told you to send those months ago: Graduation Announcements- Honestly, I do sincerely apologize for this one... It has been crazy. I've had the design for almost three weeks now but just haven't had the money to get them printed. Please don't think I forgot you. As soon as I get addresses and money, I plan on sending them out. So if you happen to get it in August, you know why. For those of you who read this blog, you have the privilege of actually seeing the final product in advance. No excuses, just sorrow for missing the boat... again.

So there it is... all laid out on the table for everyone to read. Please don't be offended if I didn't tell you sooner or haven't called you in a week... Rehearsals have been interesting and life has been a sort of whirlwind. But with all that in mind, I'm grateful. And I'll you all about it in a fresh, new post!
Want tickets for Pickleville Playhouse (PVP)? Click Here
Comments
Post a Comment