I finally got the guts to try skiing for the first time ever in my life. Let's not mention the fact that I've lived in Logan for 3 years now. No big deal. My inspiration? A free trip with fourth graders from Mountainside Elementary. It was painless (mostly).
I only came away with a huge bruise on my derrière. It turned purple instantly. And I may or may not have permanently bruised my right elbow. I mean I only completely wiped-out like 3 times. No big deal.
But I was brave. I owned the mountain at least as much as it owned me. I was proud of my seemingly small accomplishment, all thanks to Tony at Beaver Mountain. So- thanks Tony for spending your afternoon coaching me the way I, a useless Texan in skis, needed to enjoy skiing and seeing how fun it can be to fall down a mountain in skis. :)
good times.
*********UPDATE*************
I'm 97% positive I permanently damaged my right elbow. I think I chipped my bone? It's quite painful. Hopefully I get to see the doctor next week!
So I guess you probably went down the "Ego Trip" and "Nasty" - you're so cool.
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you for trying something NEW and completely out of your comfort zone. You ROCK!! bravery on display, Schmeesa. Love you, mean it..
ReplyDeleteoh yea! I wanted you to have that experience before you go. At least you look like a pro.
ReplyDelete