Do you ever wonder what your mission in life is? For years and years I thought I knew. I even graduated from college with a degree in it because I was so sure of myself. A teacher. A noble calling in life- a way to touch lives and change the world. But then something stupid happened. The freaking government had to get in the way and ruin public education to the point of total frustration. Now, I don't mean to sound like one of those lunatic political fiends, but it's been interesting thinking about what to do with my life. I could do so many other things, why teach? I could even go back to school and get a different degree- something like graphic design or photography or art. I could go back and get a business degree, try my hand at something totally different. Public Relations or Language or Dance. I could get montessori certified. I could write a book (currently in the process of this one, it's terrible, I assure you). I could get married. I could just quit life, be a bum, and live on the street. So how do you decide what to do for the rest of your life in the mess of everything? Well, it's tough. I'll let you know when I can back up my ideas of how to go about doing that. It involves making choices, and everyone knows this is a weakness of mine.
I finally got the guts to try skiing for the first time ever in my life. Let's not mention the fact that I've lived in Logan for 3 years now. No big deal. My inspiration? A free trip with fourth graders from Mountainside Elementary. It was painless (mostly). I only came away with a huge bruise on my derrière. It turned purple instantly. And I may or may not have permanently bruised my right elbow. I mean I only completely wiped-out like 3 times. No big deal. But I was brave. I owned the mountain at least as much as it owned me. I was proud of my seemingly small accomplishment, all thanks to Tony at Beaver Mountain. So- thanks Tony for spending your afternoon coaching me the way I, a useless Texan in skis, needed to enjoy skiing and seeing how fun it can be to fall down a mountain in skis. :) good times. *********UPDATE************* I'm 97% positive I permanently damaged my right elbow. I think I chipped my bone? It's quite painful. Hopefully I get to see the doctor next...
Comments
Post a Comment