Skip to main content

Family Day

So I guess everyday can be family day, but today is especially important! 

Today is my parents anniversary. And since they are divorced and that's stupid to celebrate, we celebrate being a family- an eternal family who will be together forever! I am so blessed to have these knuckle heads:

Mom aka #thebombdotcom 
She is the spiritual giant of our family, the one that pieces us together and loved us unconditionally. She is the most amazing selfless person we've all ever met and she has spent her life serving others, enjoying the blessings of the gospel, and doing her best a day at a time. Now that she's battling cancer, maybe at times she takes things by the minute, but she keeps going better than any energizer bunny I've ever seen. 

John aka #pants 
John is the grown up kid who only adults when necessary. This obsessed father has worked and worked and worked just so he can play play play! He climbs everything and runs to stay sane. He is the craziest thrill seeker of the Fam. Just ask him how much he LOVES his munchie. And HATES pollen. 

April aka #therock
April is the steady one who keeps John alive. She loves her baby girl Aria and knows what's up with everyone. A true lover of family and fashion, she always looks her best. Or doesn't. She's go with flow and down to earth and the best wife John could ask for. 

Aria aka #munchie
Bubble blower extroidinaire, this little tub of fun enjoys love baths, spa days and taking her whole fist and sticking it in her tiny mouth. Her laugh is more of a choking genre, but her happiness is never ending. She has more clothes than she is aware of and will always be taken care of. 

Shelley aka #momofboys
This wonderful mother gives everything to her boys. She works with youth to make a difference and wishes she could just "do more." She is always tired and never catches a break. She is a great entertainer, imagineer, and cook. She loves her mom and has a great testimony of faith and family. 

William #timetreasurer
Will is the guy who stops to talk to the guy on the corner just to find out more about him, and probably feed him and invite him to join his boys and him at the museum. He is a wonderful father and knows how to live and really enjoy living. He is here for the ride, for the adventure with a great big heart and awesome stories. 

Salvador aka #theorganizer
Sal is extremely detail oriented. He notices when you change clothes or your hair and LOVES to put things away. He is obedient and kind and complements his borther's personality well. He is blue natured and loves science and his tiayeesa. 

Enzo aka #thesteinbean
Whether he's being a stinker and having a hard day, or being brilliant and explaining electrons and electricity transformers, you can feel his spirit. He is emotional and full of energy. He is silly and likes jokes and laughing. He's one second away from the next best thing. And he ADORES his tiayeesa. 

Gino aka #thethird
Gino is the oddball with the cutest dimples you've ever seen. He is extremely snuggly and loves to be held and given attention. He lights up when you talk to him and would eat all day if you let him. He likes to break any sort of schedule just to hear himself snort. And he LOVES his tiayeesa. 

Matt aka #protector
Matt is an extension of everyone else. He sees a need and takes care of it- no questions asked. Because he rarely remembers his past, he loves to hear stories of what used to be. He loves leche and family time and he is great big brother to his "little" brother Dave. He is always going, tells it like it is, and is not afraid to let you know that it would be a really bad idea to hurt or mess with his family. 

Annie aka #producer/director
Annie does everything. Mom, job, family leader/organizer/planner. She takes care of details and makes sure that everyone has what they need. She does the hard stuff and informs everyone of news. She loves her little twinners and just never stops going. 

Brad aka #themayor
Brad is the giant with the giant personality. He appreciates corny jokes, the importance of the great outdoors and the sweetness of small town simplicity and big city business. He is a hard worker and family guy who will laugh every day of his life because he never grew up all the way and hopefully never will. 

Blakekey aka #princess
This little girl wouldn't like to get her hands too dirty or be too far from mom but would LOVE to tell you "HI!" And make sure you know who's who of the twinners. She likes to laugh and sing and just hang out with her sister "bear."

Sloane aka #crazy
Sloane is adorable fun. She runs like she's been riding a horse her whole life and reminds you of Phoebe. She is fun and doesn't mind eating a little sand now and again. She loves to play and eat. 

Lisa aka #thetraitor
I happen to be the sole member not living in Texas right now. I am a total workaholic because I absolutely love my job. My students are amazing and I have the best husband and family ever. I feel crazy most days and recognize that my abilities and blessings come from a loving Heavenly Father. 

Tim aka #mysteryguy
Tim is a chill behinds the scenes guy. He goes with the flow and is always taking care of the daily to-dos of the day. He loves his puppies and does what needs to done. His heart is as big as Jupiter and he can't wait to play and live and find his next adventure. 

Toby aka #theeldest
Toby is just like his daddy- chill and go with the flow. He loves to chew but feels sorry, really sorry when he makes a mistake.  He curls up in his blanket and it's adorable. He loves to CHASE- dogs, cats, people and leaves. 

Wilson aka #theteenager
Wilson is rebellious and still in his terrible twos puppy stage. He loves to chase and bother Toby like an annoying little brother should. He steals any bone he can and Toby's too nice to steal it back after a nice throaty growl. We love his smallness and can't wait til he's potty trained!

Dave aka #drummerdude
Constantly drumming and tapping, Dave is always connected to music. Earbuds or marimba mallets- he will take either. Although he's fighting evil teenager mood swings and the "devil inside him" (says Matt) he is a good kid who does what he should and loves his mom more than anybody else I bet. 

These peeps- couldn't live without them. Love our Fam!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I WENT SKIING... and almost died thrice.

I finally got the guts to try skiing for the first time ever in my life. Let's not mention the fact that I've lived in Logan for 3 years now. No big deal. My inspiration? A free trip with fourth graders from Mountainside Elementary. It was painless (mostly). I only came away with a huge bruise on my derrière. It turned purple instantly. And I may or may not have permanently bruised my right elbow. I mean I only completely wiped-out like 3 times. No big deal. But I was brave. I owned the mountain at least as much as it owned me. I was proud of my seemingly small accomplishment, all thanks to Tony at Beaver Mountain. So- thanks Tony for spending your afternoon coaching me the way I, a useless Texan in skis, needed to enjoy skiing and seeing how fun it can be to fall down a mountain in skis. :) good times. *********UPDATE************* I'm 97% positive I permanently damaged my right elbow. I think I chipped my bone? It's quite painful. Hopefully I get to see the doctor next...

Ponderings...

I've come again to the white page to fill it up with words. At this time, there isn't much I have words for, mostly just feelings floating around and making mess inside. It's all very hard to describe. I recently encountered a new idea of thinking about your thoughts as passengers on a bus. Sometimes, we let those thoughts "drive our bus," even when we know it isn't the best idea. Currently, the feeling driving my bus is something like hope, but worse. It's not the positive, genuine hope with the silver lining. Instead, I feel like I'm chasing hope, grasping at air, screaming in silence, drowning in the deep feels. One of the ways to switch up the driver, is to acknowledge first, who is in charge? The driver or dispatch? Short answer is... dispatch. The driver merely follows the route and direction given to him or her. It's the big dogs who are really in charge. False, fleeting, run-away hope seems  like it is wearing the pants, but really, t...

Irrational Pregnancy Tears...

Today I realized that perspective is truly relative. You can try to sympathize or even empathize to a certain extent but no one truly knows how you feel because no one is exactly like you. We are affected by our experiences and our own perception. Even "normal" things like colors and shapes- things seemingly straight forward and unchanging are perceived differently. It's a fascinating concept I never really understood until I became pregnant. You hear stories, you meet people and even watch movies of what it can be like. There are several apps to choose from that will give you a full run down play by play of what to expect, how you feel, and common symptoms. But there is nothing in the world that can prepare you for how it ACTUALLY feels, for your perception and your version of this crazy journey of growing a human. I am so happy we are having a baby boy. I've always wanted to start our family with an "oldest brother." I'm grateful my hormones aren...