
So one Saturday, I'm hang in out with this guy Tim, right? It's a great day. We went to King's to get a kite and then we found a totally wicked styrofoam airplane instead with a wingspan of like two whole feet. I mean it is pretty awesome. I put the stickers on it to make it look even super cooler.. If that makes any sense at all. Anyway, so then we go to old main hill to fly it and we bring tape and coins just in case we need to weigh it down, and it turns out we do to because it doesn't fly straight cause it was just two or three dollars. And bonus- it was on sale. So we fly the plane..... Straight into a tree. Not the trunk either. The limbs high in the sky. So the logical thing, revert to childhood and throw your shoe in a tree right? Right. And whose shoe do we throw in the tree? Of course, mine. I'm no good at throwing so I give my shoe to Tim. He warns me that he will probably get it stuck in the tree, I agree to not hold him responsible and he agrees to try and get the plane down. He throws my shoe into the tree and gets it stuck. Perfect. So, I take off my other shoe and we throw that one. We get the plane down successfully, but the original shoe is still firmly secured in the tree. We spend the next two hours (approximately) trying to get down my shoe throwing various rocks and sticks. No success. We are left with a cheap plane, one shoe, dirty socks, and sore arms and backs. Brilliant. To this day, the white shoe still sits in the tree. Perhaps it can be my gift to Utah State... My way of showing my kids- hey, I went to Utah State and that is my shoe! Hooray. Fun day with Tim, he is so great and fun. It was such a great day being a kid and running down the hill. Love it.
Comments
Post a Comment